Monday, June 2, 2014

Transatlantic Exchanges: Part V

         
A très of the moment, cotton broderie anglaise blouse from Stella Forest.
         Surely I'm not alone in my desire. I experience more pleasure out of shopping for Andrea than I do for myself and now we've added Ella into the mix, but that's another story. Ella wears -- and I hope this will continue for many years -- little girl clothes (or sometimes little boy clothes). Drea wears big girl clothes and oh how I love to "dress" her.

         One of the reasons, I admit, is that she has the figure I wish I had -- long and lean -- and just about anything looks terrific on her.

Andrea told me to "remove my head." She had just been up non-stop for nearly three days because Ella was sick with a 103 degree temperature. 
        I thought you might like to see a few of the things I bought for her while she was here. If I could, I would wear the same things in a heartbeat.

        1.) Navy silk tapered, ankle-grazing trousers from Bensimon.



        2.) A slouchy white sleeveless (well, no, I would never wear sleeveless) silk blouse with navy polka dots from Nice Things. You'll note the detail that makes it special: on the scoop there is a Peter Pan collar.

        3.) A cotton broderie anglaise bateau neck blouse from Stella Forest.  I really love this little number. Can you just imagine the possibilities -- from jeans to pencil and ball gown skirts? How about a pair of tuxedo pants? I could go on and on.

I was told these are also very NOW (!) so I think Andrea is on message. . . not that she cares mind you.
        4.) Gold pointy-toe textured leather ballerines from Anniel.

        5.) Not pictured, a structured white linen nipped at the waist jacket from Monoprix. Here again, the possibilities go on forever.

12 comments:

Karena Albert said...

Tish you are the best and I am sure Andrea agrees! Love the Stella Forest! Would love to find that one!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Tabitha said...

Me too, I would wear that Stella Forrest top until it fell apart.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

if she is that lovely on no sleep... I can only imagine how gorgeous she is fully awake! xo

peggybraswell said...

adore that Stella Forrest top + how blessed Andrea is. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Villette said...

I adore it all -- but Tish, tell me this: do we/you/any of us think that cropped trousers can only be worn by those with extra-long legs, because what gets cropped is the look of one's legs...No? Yes? I know that they can look chic, but surely one needs a (visual) extra four inches of leg to look well in them, as Andrea surely does.

That's Not My Age said...

Chic selection, Tish - and Andrea looks lovely in spite of the sleep deprivation.

LPC said...

Wow. She looks like an intelligent model.

Anni said...

great blog dear and awesome impressions you looks so friendly and chic!! what do you think about following each other? I´d love to, maybe you like my blog too

Keep in touch

Anni

Fashion Hamburg Blog
Fashion Hamburg Facebook

Anonymous said...

Hi Tish, I finally found you thanks to dinner with Jane and Paul in DC; nice to see photos of Drea and the new baby! We are all well in Florida, look forward to reading your book and then looking younger . . . DMD

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't mind being as cool as Andrea .
Without sleep.
She's getting along just fine without sleep!
Great finds for a summer in Chicago.
Jeannie

vicki archer said...

Andrea is divine... beautiful... and I know what you mean about dressing the girls! Much more fun than anything else... Have a lovely weekend Tish... xv

laura Madalene said...

Congrats congrats oh so excited for you. This is such an honor and your home so deserving. I cannot wait to see you in the next issue.
Living Room Tips for You

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...