Friday, May 30, 2014

Transatlantic Exchanges: Part III

     
Unfortunately this delightful Tahitian gardenia shampoo and bath gel did not travel to the  United States.

       Moving right along. . .

       As I mentioned, I am recounting Andrea's French purchases by category although we may double-back for some baby items. Does that surprise you?

      Today's subject is care and maintenance, and, I must say we managed to squeeze lots of items into the corners of her suitcase.

      I'll keep it simple with a list. Some of these are our all-time favorites, others are new to our collection.

      The tried and true re-stock:

These cotton pads also double as brilliant packing material to protect fragile items in a suitcase or carry-on. 
       1.) Those "famous" cotton Lotus baby squares with aloe vera I can't stop touting. They are approximately two inches by two inches and are wonders at removing make-up. They are thick enough to use both sides. Oh, yes, babies like them too.


       2.) Akileine cream for extra, extra dry feet. Now, I don't know about you, but if I don't put cream on my feet nightly (and I don't) they become extra, extra dry very, very quickly. This cream saves the day.


       3.) Retacnyl, the magic -- it truly is -- retinoid cream that keeps skin looking fresh and young. Prescription necessary. Trust me on this one. The next time I see you, I'll show you the results. . .

        New additions to the shopping bag included:


   
        1.) Laino Shampooing Douche in a deliciously fresh agrumes (citrus fruits) fragrance.


        2.) Caudalie Fleur de Vigne shower gel.


        3.) Mixa bébé crème hydratante protectrice, originally purchased for Ella, is now also used by her mother and her grandmother. It is an extremely rich cream with vitamin E and sweet almond oil. A small squirt makes skin silky smooth or "baby smooth" perhaps.

        Tomorrow I'll show you something that was regrettably too big and too heavy to snuggle into the corner of a suitcase.

6 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

As always, thanks for keeping us informed. I have been slow to put cream on my feet nightly...when I am faithful with it, it makes such a difference!

Karena Albert said...

Tish I love seeing beauty products that you recommend!It is so much easier with the bevy of options to choose from to hear of something tried and true!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

frugalscholar said...

Thanks for another shopping list. So far, i've added the make-up/baby wipes and the little bouillons (they sold those here in the USA for a bit, but I think the product didn't make it). I meant to bring some last time, but forgot. Merci beaucoup encore (hope that's idiomatic).

une femme said...

I love that Caudalie shower gel. The scent is refreshing, but not so heavy that it competes with your regular fragrance.

Eleanorjane said...

I do love foreign pharmacies (or drug stores, I guess you'd call them?). So many lovely new things to try. But travelling with just carry on I tend to have to stick to bars of soap and very small liquid things. Damn regulations!

Marsha Splenderosa said...

If you say this Akileine is good for the feet I must get a dozen of them.
This is a serious problem for me...dry dry dry. And, I've never heard of this, but see it on Amazon (made in Monaco!). Thank you for making our days better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...